ADSM-L

RSM, 3583, W2K and SAN LAN free backups + DRM

2001-02-21 11:51:31
Subject: RSM, 3583, W2K and SAN LAN free backups + DRM
From: "Norback, Jan" <Jan.Norback AT NL.ORIGIN-IT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:36:54 +0100
Hi,
One of our customers have got a 3583 tape library with W2K and RSM that we
got working thanks to some of the previous input (we are on TSM 4.1.1,
awaiting 4.1.2 to come back soon for W2K).
Now I only need to get LAN free backups and DRM working...

Some question marks:
-DRM is usually easy with 3494 libraries and AIX but here on a 3583 accessed
through W2K RSM the information about tapes seems to a large degree be
through W2K RSM the information about tapes seems to a large degree be
outside of TSM, I can't see how the checkin's are to be done?
-Implementing LAN free backup by following the TSM Manage systems for SAN
Storage Agent seems to indicate that I need to define a shared SCSI library
Storage Agent seems to indicate that I need to define a shared SCSI library
which is not the same as a RSM library?

Has anyone done this before that can give me some info on how it is to be
done?

IBM: I really look forward to the patch that removes RSM from the control of
the Library. Is it coming soon or will you at least improve the
documentation for RSM usage?

Regards,
Jan Norback

Atos Origin-IT (MS/DS/OSS Unix)
VA-173, PO-box 218, 5600 MD Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Groenewoudseweg 1 5621 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Email: Jan.Norback AT Atosorigin DOT com
Tel: +31 (0)40-2780289
Mobile: +31 (0)6-25233507
Fax     : +31 40 2783962