ADSM-L

Re: Check in manual lib. error.

2001-02-19 17:32:40
Subject: Re: Check in manual lib. error.
From: Len Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:17:42 EST
In article <3A9163A5.BB956F7 AT latticecom DOT com>, Ben Kokenge <ben AT
LATTICECOM DOT COM>
says:
>I was trying  to set up an  external single DLR drive to  my ADSM 3.1.50
>system. I created all devices and pool, but keeps giving me this messag e:
>
>ANR0535W Transaction failed for session 2293 for node DLT.TEST (WinNT) -
>insufficient mount points available to satisfy the request.
>
>DEV CLASS: Device Class Name: DLT
>Device Access  Strategy: Sequential
>Storage Pool Count:  1 <---(defined vol in there)
>Device Type: DLT Format: DLT35C

>I created drive: Library Name: DLTLIB
>                    Drive Name: DLTDRV
>                    Device Type: GENERICTAPE
>                    Device: /dev/rmt0
>                    ON LINE: Yes

Hello Ben

I just ran into this problem trying  out a dr drill, where the production
system was using a stk 9714 and I had a manual dlt700 drive. The existing
devclass for the  offsite stgpool was defined with a  Device Type of DLT.
As I  was having  a problem getting  the adsmscsi.sys file  to load  on a
Windows 2000 system, the Generictape driver was controlling the drive. So
the devclass  is DLT and  the Drive is  GENERICTAPE and therefore  do not
match.

As far as I know, you can not change the Device Type for an Device class,
and you can not delete an existing device class if there are any stgpools
using it.  So the  only solution is  to have the  drive defined  with the
Device Type  of DLT, which means  that the adsmscsi.sys driver  has to be
used for this drive.

As someone else pointed out, you do not checkin libvol's to a manual libr
library.

Good luck len - Please let us know how you make out.

Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle                               snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room RB448                                  len.boyle AT sas DOT com
1 SAS Campus Drive                          (919) 531-6241
Cary NC 27513