ADSM-L

Re: 3590E

2001-02-16 13:56:25
Subject: Re: 3590E
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:56:51 -0800
we get BASF that say IBM and "under license of IBM."

Current 'score' is:   2 tapes removed permanently due to repeated I/O
write failures.  A couple others that we have taken out and put back in
for same problem ONCE.  three returned for being dropped excessively
(waiting to see if any others in that 'order' do that same)

We aggressively clean our drives at around 35 mounts.  Cleaning tapes cost
$100.00 and its getting a little expensive.  Tapes cost about $35. they
are "J"s  we may be getting an .edu discount.

cheers ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley