ADSM-L

Re: 3590E

2001-02-15 14:38:01
Subject: Re: 3590E
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:40:13 -0600
A CE friend of mine and I discussed this issue and he contends that the tapes
come from the manufacturing process dirty and actually become cleaner with use.
This leads me to believe that if you were to keep using the tapes that initially
had drive errors and upgraded their status from reado to readw you might not
have problems... Just a thought...

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Tom Bebee <bebeet AT MAIL.WELCHALLYN DOT COM> on 02/14/2001 04:38:18 PM