ADSM-L

Re: ANR8301E I/O error on 3494 library - kinda urgent!

2001-02-15 13:19:29
Subject: Re: ANR8301E I/O error on 3494 library - kinda urgent!
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:19:14 -0500
That was the problem. I found the APAR and with the SHOW LIBRARY command I
was able to see the 349x information go away after doing an UPD DRIVE
command. When I bounced TSM, the 349x information was present. Also after a
DEL DRIVE and DEF DRIVE command it was back.

Also turns out I was the start of the probem. Over the weekend we had a tape
get stuck in the RMT0 drive. I was at home monitorring the installation of
the new drives, so I just UPD DRIVE ONLINE=NO until I came in on monday to
clear the drive. Then an UPD DRIVE ONLINE=YES and the thing stopped working.
My CE is a little pissed at me right now. I just had him check all the SCSI
connections, library definitions and run diags on the drive. Only to find
out it was a software problem. :-)

Thanks,
Bill