ADSM-L

Re: BMR Software

2001-02-14 13:47:26
Subject: Re: BMR Software
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:47:49 -0500
>I agree with you that Tivoli should have never dropped this
>capability.

Steve - I concur.  For Tivoli to support Disaster Recovery but
        not bare metal restore seems like a contradiction in terms.

It is encouraging that The Kernel Group is the BMR vendor, given
their track record in supporting AIX in conjunction with IBM.
But I'm not encouraged by how far behind the curve TKG is in
keeping BMR current.  The product FAQ on the web site outlines all
the basic things that BMR does not support; and that they still
don't have Windows 2000 support, for this major OS, indicates that
they are not devoting substantial resources to the product.  (I
get the impression that they're late on this because they've been
a Unix company primarily.)

  Richard Sims, BU