ADSM-L

Re: expiring Informix logs ...?

2001-02-13 17:36:30
Subject: Re: expiring Informix logs ...?
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:38:57 -0600
That's great info. Many thanks... will look into the TDP 4.1... didn't know it
existed and SQL-BackTrack for Informix is quite an art to get it to actually
work. Can the TDP 4.1 restore from one machine to another???  our developers are
always wanting to put the production application server (either PeopleSoft,
Lawson or DataMart) onto a test box to recreate things. Seems to me that this
capability would not be affected by going to the TDP 4.1 as it is done via a
virtual host entry in the dsm.opt file. Also can the TDP 4.1 backup individual
data bases or tables from an application server? That is one advantage the new
SQL-BackTrack has over the older version.... there the Informix server had to be
DOWN to do this and that is seldom acceptable in a 24 hours production
environment... Thanks for any info - George

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

Othonas Xixis <othonas AT US.IBM DOT COM> on 02/13/2001 04:27:48 PM