ADSM-L

Re: Serios Situation - Related to Recovery Log

2001-02-12 13:40:09
Subject: Re: Serios Situation - Related to Recovery Log
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:40:31 -0700
What is your dbbufpoolsize and logpoolsize?  When these values
are large, it takes a while for the dsmserv process to claim all that RAM.
If it does eventually come up, then you can try changing this value to a
lower amount and see if it comes up quicker.

As far as formating the recovery log.  It's been my experience that this can
be a slow process during a database restore.  What you can do, is format a
small 50 meg recovery log,  restore the database.  Then when you bring up
the server define your other recovery log volumes.  Might speed up your
database restore procedure.

James Thompson