ADSM-L

Re: TSM and 3494 Library Sharing

2001-02-12 05:19:15
Subject: Re: TSM and 3494 Library Sharing
From: "Sharp, Neil (London)" <SharpNei AT EXCHANGE.UK.ML DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:19:36 -0000
Sharing the volumes out using a script may work but it is still prone to
'human' error. You need to define each of the libraries on each TSM servers
to have separate scratch and private categories.

For example :

Library 1 definition :

Library Name  Library     Device            Private   Scratch   External

              Type                          Category  Category  Manager

------------  ----------  ----------------  --------  --------  --------
L3494         349X        /dev/lmcp0        300       301
L3494         349X        /dev/lmcp0        300       301

Library 2 definition :

Library Name  Library     Device            Private   Scratch   External
              Type                          Category  Category  Manager
L3494         349X        /dev/lmcp0        500       501
L3494         349X        /dev/lmcp0        500       501

This is the only way that you can avoid a library grabbing tapes from
another library.

I hope that this helps.