ADSM-L

3590 extended length

2001-02-11 10:30:10
Subject: 3590 extended length
From: Stephen McElligott <steve_mc AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:16:55 -0500
I have recently put some 3590 extended length tapes in my 3494 (K tapes). I
have noticed a few things
that i am not sure how to fix. First when I do an "mtlib" to check the
inventory , i noticed that there is a 01 in the last field , i am not sure what
this indicates, as you can see in my example. and the old (j tape) has 00. Then
I checked volume adsm and it shows "PCT Util" at 100% ecen though the "Volume
Status"
is "Filling", this is messing up my stats for capacity. This is all running on
a Aix server 4.3 and ADSM version 3.1.2.40

So my questions are, what is that "01" mean from the Mtlib command and should I
change it ?, and how can I fix the volume stats in adsm to get the correct the
PCT Util ?.

R00202 012C 00 10 01  ( k )
R00203 012C 00 10 00  ( j )

Volume Name               Storage         Device             Estimated
 Pct     Volume
                               Pool Name       Class Name        Capacity
   Util        Status

R00202                    3494ONSITE   3590DEVCL-       30,566.0         R00202
                   3494ONSITE   3590DEVCL-       30,566.0         100.0
Filling
                                        ASS