ADSM-L

Re: tsm upgrades and testing

2001-02-09 19:40:59
Subject: Re: tsm upgrades and testing
From: "France, Don G (Pace)" <don.france-eds AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:37:48 -0600
(a) absolutely not - UNLESS you don't care about the results;  this is why a
certification or development (or LAB?) environment is necessary (and not
just for TSM - all apps.)
(b) absolutely yes - any deviation from this practice is like flying trapeze
without a net

1) yes, if you know what you're doing on the desired platform - some are
easier than others;
2) yes, for features we intend to exploit;  we're not as diligent about this
one, so it's real good practice to "stay in touch" with folks on the list,
and your vendor contacts, re. new features.

Our change management procedure requires that we be accountable and prepared
for test, install and back-out procedures to minimize negative impact on
production machines.  Doesn't yours?!?