ADSM-L

Re: tape mount retention behaviour

2001-02-08 15:17:19
Subject: Re: tape mount retention behaviour
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:18:58 -0500
>...the tape that "dismount may be delayed" due to rebuilding the VCR
>on the tape.
>
>Priorities can't bypass this - I think it is more a tape media/drive
>issue than *SM...

Good thought, David.  As you say, the Activity Log should reflect
such a problem.  If a Volume Control Region problem, be aware that
it is always due to defective drive microcode, and so you'd need to
have your CE boost the microcode to a known-good level to rid
yourself of the problem.  (Once a year or so, a defective microcode
release seems to make it out into the field, causing problems like
these.)

  Richard Sims, BU