ADSM-L

TSM Server Based .opt files?

2001-02-07 20:00:44
Subject: TSM Server Based .opt files?
From: Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT AGFG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:02:11 -0600
We recently upgraded our hardware, using TSM 3.7.4 for NT server version 4.
Our clients are primarily 3.7.1 (Novell and NT).  It was also Tivoli's
recommendation that we switch from client based .opt files to a centralized
TSM server based client option set.   They (Tivoli) came to our site and
assisted in setup.   We since then have had numerous problems and anomalies
with the server based .opt file solutions including "filespace, datasets
cannot be found", settings and options in client options sets not being
recognized,such as changes to resourceutilization and many many failures
shown when running q event.   We have started moving clients back to the
original client based .opt files , and are now again getting consistently
good backups.  So I was curious if you all have had any similar
experiences.  Tivoli tech support does not know, and we cant get any
admittance of problems either.  Any feedback, input greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff