ADSM-L

Server to Server Config

2001-02-07 12:57:49
Subject: Server to Server Config
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED)" <eric.boireau AT MED.GE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:59:24 +0100
Hi all,
I trying to implement a server to server infrastructure. I plan to have :
1 "Master" Server in HQ with a tape library (STK L700 with 6LTO drive,
connected to a 8xPIII NT server)
1 or more "Slave" server in other site, connected to HQ thru a WAN
connection.
This solution will be used to backup PC during the day (Has made now on the
HQ Site only).

The idea is to used the slave server as a "Buffer" server during the day for
the backup, and transfering data between slave to master during the night.

I define a destination Disk StgPool (To receive data from slave) with a
migration on Tape StgPool on the master.
My issue is that data goes directly to tape. And I don't want, the WAN
connection does not provide enought bandwith to feed the LTO (15MB/s).

I try to put offline the tape drive, but the process Failed with the
following message :ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2531 for node
_TSMSRV_BKP00 (WindowsNT) - no space available in storage pool BKP0X_BUFPOOL
and all successor pools.

Does anybody has already implement Server to Server infrastructure thugh WAN
connection ?

Thanks.

Salutations / Best Regards
g            GE Medical Systems
Eric Boireau                               Global Systems
Server Architect / Technology & Infrastructure Team

GE Medical Systems S.A
283, rue de la Minière
78533 BUC Cedex France
Tél: (33) 1 30 70 39 32,  DC: 8*644 3932
Fax: (33) 1 30 70 42 30, DC: 8*644 3930
mailto:Eric.Boireau AT med.ge DOT com