ADSM-L

Re: Novell DS issue?

2001-02-07 03:55:00
Subject: Re: Novell DS issue?
From: Joerg Nouvertne <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:58:45 +0100
On Tuesday 06 February 2001 16:22, you wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We've got a Netware 5.1 server that's been a real problem child. The
> Netware Admin is curious if anyone is aware of problems with ADSM and
> version 7.44 of the Netware DS. This is evidently an older version of DS
> and he wants some evidence to back up his theory.
[snipp]

Could you please be a little bit more specific about the problem?

We are running TSM 4.1 clients on NetWare 5.0 SP4 and SP6a with some minor
issues.

Never use "unload dsmc" on the console. In most cases the server will abend.
Long filenames are not displayed for a restore. This make it sometimes hard
to determine the right files.

Beside that, everything works fine so far.

Regards,