ADSM-L

Re: Sun client does with multiple scheds

2001-02-06 18:07:27
Subject: Re: Sun client does with multiple scheds
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:08:34 +1000
There are three ways to do what you want
Backupsets,
Archives
Multiple nodenames.

There is no method of doing this with standard TSM backup facilities on a
single node - it is not the TSM way.

That said, it used to be that every defined TSM node cost extra but with
Tivoli's latest pricing method, you pay a number of points depending on client
type and the node count is now irrelevant.  This means that you can define as
many nodes as you wish and add licences for them at will.  Just be prepared
with the right number of licences when Tivoli come and manually audit you.

I've just been through this with my account rep because we want to run one
client per machine plus one client per app in a Sun cluster. We only need to
pay for one client per machine.

>>> "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM> 07/02/2001 3:54:20
Anyone care to share how they run multiple schedules for a node? IE a
daily, monthly and an annual. I like to set it up so each has a different
management class and I'm trying to figure out how to do it without using a
different nodename for each.
<<<

Regards

Steve Harris