ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.1

2001-02-06 14:22:35
Subject: Re: Upgrading ADSM 3.1 to TSM 4.1
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:24:01 -0800
>As v3.7 client nor TDP for Oracle are not supporting these old boxes, just
want to know if you >have any v2.1, v3.1 clients backup to new TSM Server.
Any problem so far?

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards,
>Eric Tang

Eric,

I do have many 3.1 clients backing up to the new server. The backups didn't
even hiccup after the install. Although I have seen no problems in the
scheduled backups I have not had much of a chance to inspect things from the
client end yet. I don't know if there are others using the v2 or 3 clients
against a 4.1 server with any problems to report.

FYI:

I had my first crash this morning, after only one week up time.......I knew
it would happen just didn't know how long it would take before it did. I'm
still working out some technical things as it relates to logs so I can get
better info when it happens again, thanks to Richard for that help. I'm
planning on having this analyzed if possible by Tivoli. I did save the core
dump....

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC