ADSM-L

Re: Backupsets vs. copy storage pools

2001-02-06 14:22:03
Subject: Re: Backupsets vs. copy storage pools
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:23:57 -0500
I use COPY POOL. I to am a OS390 guy.  I setup a different device class so
there is a different high level qualifier for the offsite COPY POOL.  This
works real well with the tape management software, CA-1.  By the way,  We
executed our DR plan once already with TSM included.  It was no problem
without DRM.  I think DRM may have a lot more value when you don't have a
good tape management software package.  I really don't know for sure because
I never have had it.  BUt that is what I have been told...
Matt Cooper
American Greetings