ADSM-L

DSMADMC from Visual Basic Shell Function?

2001-02-06 11:56:52
Subject: DSMADMC from Visual Basic Shell Function?
From: "Fletcher, Leland D." <ldfletcher AT CAL.AMEREN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:43:35 -0600
I'm attempting to write a VB application to monitor the daily ADSM schedule
and to issue several commands throughout the day. My problem is that when I
use the shell command nothing seems to be working. I do not get any errors
but I do not get any output either. The format of the shell command I'm
using is provided below. I have not set any environment variables and plan
on executing the VB application under Windows 2000.

The following should issue the "q fi".

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    x = Shell("C:\Progra~1\IBM\ADSM\saclient\DSMADMC.EXE -id=admin -pa=x
-outfile=c:\cmdout.txt q fi")
End Sub
End Sub

The function runs without error but I do not get the -outfile allocated.
Thanks in advance for any input to my problem!

Lee Fletcher
Network Project Integrator
AmerenUE Callaway Plant
ldfletcher AT cal.ameren DOT com