ADSM-L

Re: Joining BACKUPS and CONTENTS tables.

2001-02-05 10:00:54
Subject: Re: Joining BACKUPS and CONTENTS tables.
From: Paul Baines <paulbaines AT GMX DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:01:21 +0100
> >You cannot differentiate between ACTIVE and INACTIVE in the CONTENTS
> table,
> >so that if you had three versions in the BACKUPS table, you would match
> each
> >of these three times in the contents table...
>
> Paul - In the BACKUPS table, a null value for the DEACTIVATE_DATE column
>        indicates that the file is the Active copy, and a date value
> indicates an Inactive copy, if that helps.
>    Richard Sims, BU

This also seems to be reflected in the STATE column, but it is the lack of
this in the CONTENTS table that means I cannot join them. If the OBJECT_ID
field was also in the CONTENTS table that would be a solution. I've thought
about this quite a bit today and I think there's no solution :-(

Thanks,
Paul.