ADSM-L

Re: LTO PERFORMANCE with TSM

2001-02-01 21:58:07
Subject: Re: LTO PERFORMANCE with TSM
From: Ray Pratts <rpratts AT SWBELL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:54:49 -0600
I've seen these LTO test results

TSM backup/restore operations with a large (256 MB) file size of data that does
not
benefit from compression (e.g. video, audio, and image files)

    Backup 12.8 MBs / second
    Restore 14.7 MBs / second

Backup/restore operations with large files which benefit from compression

    Backup 15.3 MBs / second
    Restore 17.0 MBs / second