ADSM-L

Qualstar Library

2001-01-31 18:56:39
Subject: Qualstar Library
From: "Barth, Terry (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:05:57 -0500
Hello All -

I have a question.  We currently have an ATLP3000 that can eject up to 12
tapes at a time to take offsite.  We have been thinking about purchasing a
Qualstar TLS4121 with AIT technology. However, we noticed that there appears
to be only 1 slot <load port> to handle the checkout of tapes.

My question is, if you have a Qualstar robot - how do you handle it when you
need to checkout more than 1 tape? Do you have to do them 1 at a time?
Meaning, do you have to checkout a tape, remove it and then checkout the
next.  Whereas on our ATLP3000, we can checkout up to 12 tapes without
having to run back to the robot after each one. The reason that I am asking,
is that our offsite storage tapes range from 8 to about 16 a day and to do
these 1 at a time will be annoying.

Any information on this will be appreciated.

Terry