ADSM-L

dbv too large

2001-01-31 15:57:04
Subject: dbv too large
From: "Hagan, Patrick L" <haganpl AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:53:41 -0600
        Now that my Solaris TSM 3.7.3.8 server is fully loaded (using 75% of
a 50gb db) with clients, it's performance is not good too good. After
chasing my tail round and roung, I have decided that my (3) 17gb dbv's are
to large! Being new to TSM I didn't know this was going to be a problem, I
don't remember seeing anything in the manual warning of this bottle neck.
Please tell me that there is a better way to fix this other than making
smaller dbv's and deleting the large dbv's. I tested this on a new TSM
server we just built and it takes forever to move the data and delete the
dbv.

Thank you,

Patrick Hagan