ADSM-L

Re: 35xx library with W2K (RSM)

2001-01-30 10:13:09
Subject: Re: 35xx library with W2K (RSM)
From: "Patrick Gervais (o: Standard Life :o)" <Patrick.Gervais AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:38:15 -0500
Salut Rick,

This is my procedure to define a drive.

Define Library in ADSM
adsm> define library 3590lib libtype=scsi device=/dev/rmt0.smc
ANR8400I Library 3590LIB defined.
adsm> q libr

Library Name     Library        Device               Private      Scratch
External
                 Type                                Category     Category
Manager
------------     ----------     ----------------     --------     --------
   --------------
   --------------
3590LIB          SCSI           /dev/rmt0.smc

Define Drive
adsm> define drive 3590lib drive0 device=/dev/rmt0
ANR8404I Drive DRIVE0 defined in library 3590LIB.

adsm> q drive

Library Name     Drive Name       Device Type     Device               ON
LINE
------------     ------------     -----------     ----------------     -----
--------------
--------------
3590LIB          DRIVE0           3590            /dev/rmt0            Yes
3590LIB          DRIVE0           3590            /dev/rmt0            Yes

Define Device Class
adsm> define devclass 3590class devtype=3590 format=3590C library=3590lib
mountretention=60 estcapacity=10G
ANR2203I Device class 3590CLASS defined.
adsm> q devc

Device        Device         Storage     Device        Format      Est/Max
Mount
Class         Access            Pool     Type                     Capacity
Limit
Name          Strategy         Count                                  (MB)
   ------
   ------
3590CLASS     Sequential           0     3590          3590C      10,240.0
DRIVES
DISK          Random               3

Pat.