ADSM-L

Backup and restore between ADSM client(3.1.x) and TSM server (4.1.x) ?

2001-01-25 05:59:12
Subject: Backup and restore between ADSM client(3.1.x) and TSM server (4.1.x) ?
From: Gunnar Uhr <gunnar.uhr AT KS DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:00:43 +0100
Hello

Our backup-server will be upgraded to TSM 4.1.x (eg.2 i think) next
week.

I don't think all clients will be upgraded to the same level by then.
Some of them have 3.1.x-clients - especially some NT4.0 clients.

Are there any major conciderations/problems that I should be aware of in
that situation ?
Are there anything that will not(!) work ?
or are there only that I can't use the new/extra features of the
4.1.2-clients ?
Some of the NT4- and Win2000-servers (nodes) are my special concern.

I'll be happy for all hints and tips (Warnings ?).

Regards

Gunnar

Gunnar Uhr
IT-Service