ADSM-L

Re: Generting Commands from a Script

2001-01-24 14:44:29
Subject: Re: Generting Commands from a Script
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:46:02 -0500
>My question is how can I generated MOVE DATA commands using the
>VOLUME_NAMEs in the results of the above SCRIPT

Joe - I don't see a practical way to do that, other than redirecting
      the output to a file and having a shell script massage it into
Move Data commands.  In any case, I'd recommend against a Move Data
in that, unless you're processing an HSM storage pool, it will get
back far less tape space than would a Reclamation, given that the
latter compacts Aggregates.  And it's far easier to simply set a
reclamation threshold.
   Richard Sims, BU