ADSM-L

Re: TDP for R3 - was TDP for Oracle and passwordaccess generate

2001-01-24 09:02:58
Subject: Re: TDP for R3 - was TDP for Oracle and passwordaccess generate
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:50:42 -0500
If you're using TDP for R3 and one interface, it should work with
passwordaccess generate. I've found that multiple interfaces to the same TSM
server for the same node only gets *one* of the interfaces synced on the
change.

On TDP for R3 the utility is backint; run backint -f password -p <path to
backint parmfile> and you will be prompted for the password for each *SM
server listed in the parmfile with passwordacces prompt. The passwords are
encrypted and stored in the backint.bki file.

I'm about to set up a seperate node definition for our R3 instance with a
non-expiring password (needed not only for this, but because we run an HACMP
environment and the files belong to the SAP environment, not the particular
node that happens to be running it at the time the backups happen).

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc