ADSM-L

Re: Can't delete disk volume

2001-01-24 05:27:03
Subject: Re: Can't delete disk volume
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:28:43 +0100
Hi,
I have good news. The problem with not being able to delete a disk volume is
solved.
The problem was that I couldn't delete a primary disk storagepool volume.
Despite the fact that I used the discarddata=yes parameter, the command
failed. Reason: the volume still contains data. A online audit db
partition=diskstorage as suggested in previous mails to this list didn't
show any problems.
The solution was to do an offline audit. Command:
dmserv auditdb diskstorage fix=yes logmode=normal file=....
It took a few minutes, fixed some extraneous references and fixed a storage
allocation problem on the volume I couldn't delete. Afterwards the delete
volume completed successfully.

This procedure worked for me and didn't cause any damage here so far.
However, I cannot guarantee that it works everywhere this way. So use it on
your own risk. IBM/Tivoli say one should use this command only when told to
do so by support people.

Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany