ADSM-L

Can't delete disk volume

2001-01-23 12:19:56
Subject: Can't delete disk volume
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:21:31 +0100
Hi,
there have been a lots of discussions in this list about disk volumes which
can't be deleted. Now I have the problem too.
I tried to delete a disk cache volume using delete vol ... discard=yes, but
no luck. ADSM on AIX 3.1.2.54 say, there is still data on it. Q content on
this volume shows none. Audit db partition=diskstorage completes
successfully. Audit vol is currently not possible, because it the volume is
offline (I'm moving on to a new server). So I tried to create a new disk
volume with dsmfmt .. -data .... However, when trying to vary online this
volume I get internal server error. In the activity log there is a message
saying about an invalid label on the new volume.
Has anyone ever managed to get rid of such a disk volume? Any hints what I
can do?
I've already opened a PMR with IBM.
Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany