ADSM-L

Long file names

2001-01-22 08:05:41
Subject: Long file names
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:06:58 -0500
Greetings,

Forgive me if I'm missing the obvious but...this weekend we converted a
Novell 5.1 box from the ADSM 3.1.0.6 client to TSM 4.1.1_18. We also set
up new disk and tape pools for this guy in order to set up some
collocation. Anticipating that virtually every file would be touched
anyway because of the maturity of the ADSM client I ran a selective on
all volumes from the command line. Everything went fine, backed up about
50GB in just over 8 hrs. However, when I look at the file structure from
a desktop backup/restore client I don't see long file names as I would
expect. Everything is still truncated with the beloved ~1 designator.
Why would that be?

Thanks,

--
Jim Kirkman