ADSM-L

Which client version is best for a Win2000-server ?

2001-01-22 05:40:03
Subject: Which client version is best for a Win2000-server ?
From: Gunnar Uhr <gunnar.uhr AT KS DOT SE>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:41:30 +0100
Hello !

I have seen some time ago that some of You had opinions about some
client-versions on a Win2000-server.
I think it had to do with backing up the registry or some other part of
the "System Objects" and that it didn't function ok.

This far I have only used ADSM 3.1.x on backing up Win2000-server and
ofcorse it's limitations.
(The most nodes I back up is WinNT4.0)
Now I want to change to a TSM-client (4.x ?) and want to make the most
out of it.

Which client version is best for a Win2000-server ?
Is the 4.1.20 allright ?

Do You have any other "tips and hints" and/or configuration features
that is useful on that operation system and would like to share it with
me I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Gunnar

Gunnar Uhr   Tel.  08-517 76440
IT-Service
KAROLINSKA SJUKHUSET  Fax.  08-314899
171 76  STOCKHOLM  e-mail  gunnar.uhr AT ks DOT se