ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Restore....

2001-01-18 16:52:21
Subject: Re: TSM and Restore....
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:52:53 -0600
Etienne Brachel wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion but for 40 clients using collocation on
> filespaces will (as we use a diskpool) give us a lot of migration problems
> having only 4 drives available.
>
> So its not possible to restore more than one filesystem at once for one
> client using the command-line !?!

Can't you use two commands?

> I think it is very strange that if you want to restore 2 filesystems where
> for both data reside on ONE tape, the tape is read for the first filesystem,
> rewinded, ejected to its slot and when the next filesystem is asked for in
> the second session it mounts the tape again and does the same run for the
> next filesystem...am I right ?

There is a mount retention period.  If it is set to 60 minutes, the tape is
left in the drive until either another tape is required, or 60 minutes has
elapsed.

> Or maybe still someone has a suggestion ?

It would be nice to have a feature to restore all filespaces at once, but I do
appreciate that if I say restore "/*" it only  restores the root filesystem,
and not everything.  I suppose you could create a scrpt that will take the
output from "dsmc q filespace", and parse it, and fire off a dsmc restore for
each filesystem.