ADSM-L

Re: TSM and Restore....

2001-01-18 15:50:58
Subject: Re: TSM and Restore....
From: Etienne Brachel <hc_dmsr AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:50:58 -0500
Thanks for your suggestion but for 40 clients using collocation on
filespaces will (as we use a diskpool) give us a lot of migration problems
having only 4 drives available.

So its not possible to restore more than one filesystem at once for one
client using the command-line !?!

I think it is very strange that if you want to restore 2 filesystems where
for both data reside on ONE tape, the tape is read for the first filesystem,
rewinded, ejected to its slot and when the next filesystem is asked for in
the second session it mounts the tape again and does the same run for the
next filesystem...am I right ?

Or maybe still someone has a suggestion ?

All is welcome..

regards,

Etienne Brachel
Touch The Progress Services b.v.