ADSM-L

NT 4.0 TCPIP Comm failure

2001-01-18 15:47:14
Subject: NT 4.0 TCPIP Comm failure
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:48:27 -0500
We have had several machines lately that suddenly can't talk to *SM server and
vice versa.  Have to reboot NT  to get back.  ping and other comm works o.k.
These will work o.k a few days then same thing.  These clients have been in
production for a good while with no problem.  No recent changes to them.

Only messages in dsmerror is TCPIP comm failure.
Server says attempting to contact node.

Have many other NT, Netware & AIX clients - no problem.

Using TCPIP over FORE ATM NIC.
Clients NT 4.0 SP5, one with TSM 3.7.0.0, other 3.7.2.0.
Server TSM 3.7.4.0 on AIX 4.3.3

Checked Tivoli site and no info on my searches.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T