ADSM-L

ADSM 3.1.0.8 for Solaris

2001-01-18 01:43:35
Subject: ADSM 3.1.0.8 for Solaris
From: Jerry Caupain <j.caupain AT PINK DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:35:47 +0100
Hi

I want to install ADSM 3.1.0.8 on Solaris 5.8. Will this run properly?
I read in the client requirements that only Solaris 2.6/2.7 is supported.
Do I have to migrate to TSM 4.1 in order to backup a solaris 5.8 server?

Kindest regards,

Jerry Caupain

>>> rbs AT BU DOT EDU 01/17/01 02:20pm >>>
> I have a CopyPool volume, which is EMPTY and OFFSITE. The tape does not
> remove from the pool and become a scratch volume again as it usually does.
>
> Moving data is not possible because it is empty
> Deleting the volume is not possible because it contains data. (Even with
> discard data)
> Audit is not possible because the volume is offsite.

When the volume returns to your site, run an
'AUDit Volume VolName Fix=Yes'.

    Richard Sims, BU