ADSM-L

Re: backup of /tmp on AIX 4.3.2, TSM client 4.1.1

2001-01-17 10:06:01
Subject: Re: backup of /tmp on AIX 4.3.2, TSM client 4.1.1
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:07:27 -0500
David Longo wrote:
>We solved this one here.  In your dsm.opt file on client if you hgave a
DOMAIN statement modify it and if not >(DOMAIN ALL-LOCAL is default) then
add it.

>DOMAIN /tmp ALL-LOCAL
>
>This backs up /tmp and all-local.  NOTE: If you put /tmp after all-local it
won't work.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work for us. We are using TSM
4.1.1 on the AIX client. Our server is TSM 3.7.2 on AIX 4.3.2. (Not the same
AIX machine!)

What version of client and *SM server are you using. I am wondering which
piece of TSM is excluding /tmp over our objections. Client or Server?

It's getting to the point that we are growing so weary of this that we will
have to move the data. This installation was done many moons ago.

John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com