ADSM-L

Archive running a lonnngg time...

2001-01-16 16:47:19
Subject: Archive running a lonnngg time...
From: "Pearson, Dave" <DCPearson AT SNOPUD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:47:40 -0800
Hi,

We were on TSM 4.1.2 and AIX 4.3.2.

About a week or so ago we upgraded to TSM 4.1.2 and one of our Archive was
running 4 times a long,  We notices other backups were taking longer than
usual.  Because of this problem we backed out and went back to TSM 4.1.0.
We have an open PMR on this.  Taking one night for example (Saturday), one
of our Archive job that usually run for 2 to 3 hours, ran for 18 hours. Of
course this is unacceptable for our clients.  We looked at our tuning
performances and everything looks good as it was before 4.1.2.  Did anyone
else run into this problem? If yes, did you have a solution?

Thanks for any help you can give

Dave Pearson
IS Production Support Analyst
Snohomish County PUD