ADSM-L

Archiving

2001-01-16 02:58:34
Subject: Archiving
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:00:09 +0100
Hy everyone,

we are discussing the possibilities of archiving data with TSM or other
products (from NT,UNIX).
Our requirements are to archive data for about 30 years. TSM is in
discussion because we use it already for backup ( and in some cases we use
the archive-command ).
The policy domains for the clients for archiving will be (from my point of
view) totally different to those for backup.

Can anybody share his good (or bad) experience in long term archiving with
whatever kind of library in the background (DVD or tape).

Thanks a lot

Christoph