ADSM-L

Client v4.1.2 -- Uninstall on NT results in blank desktop?

2001-01-09 17:24:43
Subject: Client v4.1.2 -- Uninstall on NT results in blank desktop?
From: "Jennifer I. Moore" <jim1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:26:11 -0500
Gentle Greetings,

We've noticed a strange behavior when uninstalling TSM client v4.1.2 on an
NT 4.0 Workstation system (SP5).  When the Add/Remove Programs process
finishes, the desktop goes to a blank grey screen with only the Start menu
and Task Bar showing.  Right-clicking in the grey area results in a Desktop
message as follows:

C:\WINNT\Profiles\All Users\Desktop is not accessible.  Access is
denied.  Retry.  Cancel.

Retry results in the same message.  Cancel returns to the blank grey
screen.  The only way we've found to get out of this is to restart the
machine.  (Fortunately, the Start menu still works fine, so it's not
necessary to be brutal about the restart.)

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Thank you in advance for any help, information, and/or shared experiences.

Jennifer