ADSM-L

Are TSM 4.1 Clients supported with the Tivoli VM (ADSM 3.1.2.50) server?

2001-01-09 11:39:52
Subject: Are TSM 4.1 Clients supported with the Tivoli VM (ADSM 3.1.2.50) server?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:40:28 -0500
I would like to use the latest clients, but by omission, it's not clear if
they're supported with the latest VM server or even might be expected
to work.  Can anyone clarify this, please? (I understand new function
requiring server support such as backupsets and adaptive
differencing will not be available).

Fyi, http://tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/compatibility.html contains

    A Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7 client can perform backup, restore,
    archive, and retrieve functions to an ADSM V3.1 server
    and to an ADSM OS/2 V2.1 sever.

and

    A Tivoli Storage Manager V4.1 client can perform backup, restore,
    archive, and retrieve functions to a Tivoli Storage Manager V3.7
    server.

Thank you!

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System