ADSM-L

TSM 4.1 AFS/DFS file client

2001-01-08 14:26:01
Subject: TSM 4.1 AFS/DFS file client
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:26:38 -0500
Greetings...

We have recently upgraded to TSM 4.1 from ADSM 3.1 and have noticed a
severe performance issue.

Specifically when using the AFS/DFS Backup by File client, file processing
is EXTREMELY slow... in the order of 5-10 files per minute! Thankfully,
the old client still works, and still works with reasonable speed (1,000's
of files per minute).  The server is idle when the client is 'processing',
and in fact shows very long IdleWait times between communications
(20+minutes).

Has anyone else run into this problem?  I've also noticed a distinct
sluggishness in the 4.1 admin command line client that wasn't there
before.  Server and 4.1 clients are at version 4.1.2.0, old client is
3.1.0.7 all running on AIX 4.3.3.

TIA!

Regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                                Systems Administrator |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu