ADSM-L

Atape device driver upgrade require reboot?

2001-01-08 13:50:46
Subject: Atape device driver upgrade require reboot?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:51:11 -0500
I'm approaching upgrading the 3590 drives in a 3494 to 3590E,
extended length capable, where the server level is 3.1.2.50
in an AIX 4.1 system.  What I would like to do is boost the
Atape and Atldd drivers ahead of the hardware upgrade, so as
to have that much work done and assured before the hardware
people arrive.

If anyone has recently installed the current Atape driver to
an AIX system, could you tell me if you were able to achieve
that without an AIX reboot?

In the past I had been able to upgrade without a reboot, but
things may be different in current Atape levels, so I'd like
to know what I face.

  thanks,  Richard Sims, BU