ADSM-L

Notes: conversion to logging and TDP

2001-01-05 14:04:16
Subject: Notes: conversion to logging and TDP
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 14:10:47 -5
Hi Everyone,

As with many tsm sites, we are struggling with Notes backup.

Our environment is that we backup Notes from several large
centralized replication servers, not the actual servers users
interact with.  Our Notes servers do NOT use the v5 transaction log
feature, so we basically do a full backup every night.  Yes, 800gb's
worth every night!!!

The Notes team has agreed to look at the change to logging and
backing up with TDP for Notes, but this isn't going to happen any
time soon since it's a HUDGE change - according to them.

I know next to nothing about Notes, so I'd like to ask some of the
experts out there some questions:

1)  Now big of an effort is to convert to logging?

2)  Is is possible to only use logging on our centralized rep servers
and not on the actual production servers?  In other words, covert
only the rep servers to logging and TDP, and, leave the production
servers alone.

Thanks

Rick