ADSM-L

Re: export/import process

2001-01-05 11:05:11
Subject: Re: export/import process
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:05:30 -0500
>We have exported a node from an MVS platform to an RS6000. As the node was
>imported all filespaces were renamed. User is having problems attempting to
>retrieve data. All data is archive. Does anyone have experience with the
>export/import process.

If Import finds a filespace of the same name already on the receiving
server, it will rename the incoming filespace to have a digit at the end
of the name.  (See "Importing File Data Information" in the Admin Guide.)
Perhaps this is what you're seeing?
Alas, there has been no merging capability in Import.
There is Rename Filespace capability in the server, to adjust things
to suit your environment, where you could make it match an AIX file
system name so that users could therein retrieve their imported data.
     Richard Sims, BU