ADSM-L

Re: query inclexcl is now official!

2001-01-05 07:48:29
Subject: Re: query inclexcl is now official!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:48:33 -0500
>Here's an interesting note from the readme of the 4.1.2 windows client
>
>    The query inclexcl command has been added to allow users to display a list
>    of include-exclude statements in the order in which they are processed
>    during backup and archive operations. The list displays the type of
>    option, the scope of the option (archive, all, etc.), and the name of the
>    source file. This command is valid for all UNIX, all Windows, and NetWare
>    clients. See publications for these platforms for more information.

I noticed that as well.  It's a welcome addition, one we've long wanted to be
formalized.  Unfortunately, Tivoli's publication schedules are not in sync
with their software release schedules, and so the documentation we are
referred to does not yet exist.

Note also that Tivoli has still not fixed the problem with the
http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/clients.html web page link to the
Readme file for the 4.1.2 Windows client, reported last month.  Sigh.

    Richard Sims, BU