ADSM-L

Re: mountablenotinlib problem Solved

2001-01-04 15:26:15
Subject: Re: mountablenotinlib problem Solved
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:22:30 -0500
Thanks for all the responses.  I ended up solving my problem by first
issuing a checkout libv vol_ser remove=no  I'm not sure if this step was
nessasary but I did it anyway.  After that was done I issued a move media *
stg=stg_pool wherestate=mountablenotinlib  This removed all the volumes from
private status and back into scratch.  Then I just ran a normal checkin for
scratch volumes and all is back to normal.  Even though it all worked
something strange did happen during the process.  When the move media was
issued I watched from a monitor and saw the server remove the volume from
the storage pool and free it up but strangly it said it failed for each
volume.  I'm not sure what failed means because the vols are back in scratch
like I wanted them to be.  Its probably just a lack of understanding on my
part of what the move media is really doing.

I do not have or use DRM.  The server and library is just a standard C30
3466 Netstore.  Anyway thanks all for the help.

Jack