ADSM-L

ADSM and multiple TCP/IP

2001-01-04 05:21:58
Subject: ADSM and multiple TCP/IP
From: Valeriano Bassi <Valeriano.Bassi AT SSB DOT IT>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:17:00 +0100
Hi there,
I would like to know how (and if) it is possible to force an ADSM client to use
a specific TCP/IP stack
when a system does provide more than ones.

We are using an USS ADSM client on a system where 3 different TCP/IP stacks are
available.
As far as I know, the only ADSM parameters used to create a client-server
connection are
COMMethod and TCPServeraddress.
In our installation, three different TCP/IP names are defined in the BPXPRMxx
member; one is defined
as the default one and so is used by the ADSM client. Since we are going to
modify this default, I need
to force the ADSM client to use a specific stack.
I think that other Unix systems should have the possibility to configure more
than one TCP/IP and so,
how this problem get solved?

ADSM server 3.1.2.50 on OS/390 2.6
ADSM USS client  3.1.0.5

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards

Valeriano Bassi          valeriano.bassi AT ssb DOT it