ADSM-L

Re: odbc/jdbc connectivity for tsm databse

2001-01-02 14:25:07
Subject: Re: odbc/jdbc connectivity for tsm databse
From: Doug Baker <dbaker AT MAIL.WESLEYAN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:30:05 -0500
I have successfully connected to a TSM 3.7 server via JDBC.
Unfortunately its a bit kludgy. JDBC does not seem to be
compatible with the TSM ODBC driver. (and I've tried everything
from the old ADSM ODBC drivers up to the newest TSM).

But MS Access gets to the TSM db without any trouble, so I made
an empty DB in Access with links to the tables I wanted. Finally,
an ODBC source to that Access DB, which my Java program points
to. Certainly not a production scenario, but good enough for
testing while building an app.

I wonder if there are any JDBC drivers that could directly talk
to the TSM database?

Doug