ADSM-L

Re: Export of RSM Database

2000-12-28 17:49:57
Subject: Re: Export of RSM Database
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:50:28 -0600
Anne Short wrote on Dec 7th, 2000:

"We are running TSM 4.1.1 on a W2K server, which is also it's own client.
During the scheduled incremental backups of this client, as well as any
manually started incremental backups or backups of the rsm, we get the
following errors: 12/07/2000 08:44:12 NTBackupRsmDB(): Error, exporting the
RSM database files. Win32 RC=1058. 12/07/2000 08:44:12 ANS1435E An Error
Occurred saving the Key. 12/07/2000 08:44:13 ANS1340E Exporting RSM database
files failed. No files will be backed up. After that, the remainder of the
backup of the c: drive fails, though it posts a "Successful incremental
backup" message, which is very misleading; we missed the fact that this
backup was failing for almost a week because of this erroneous "Successful"
message. It's not the backup of the files that fails, but the exporting. The
date of the files in the c:\winnt\system32\ntmsdata\export directory has a
time stamp of my last successful backup. Anyone familiar with this problem
and have any suggestions? There were some system changes made the day after
the last successful backup; I believe that the W2K service pack was
reapplied, but no TSM changes were made. "
----
A little late reply, but we just ran into this situation with w2k (no sp1)
A little late reply, but we just ran into this situation with w2k (no sp1)
with the 3.7.2.01 client. In our case we had stopped and disabled the
"Removable Storage" Service.  If we started this service, then the backup
runs fine.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg
trushfor AT city.winnipeg.mb DOT ca