ADSM-L

Registry excluded by 4.1.2 client

2000-12-28 11:41:49
Subject: Registry excluded by 4.1.2 client
From: David Shorr <dshorr AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:27:37 -0500
The 4.1.2 Windows client includes an exclude system32\config statement that
prevents the registry backups from being sent to the server.  TSM 4.1.2 now
stores the registry files in a system32\config subdirectory of adsm.sys; all of
the hkey_local_machine files are excluded from the backup.  Current clients
that are upgraded would continue to use their existing settings and thereby
lose their registry backups in the process.  I've added a include
*:\adsm.sys\...\* to the bottom of my dsm.opt file.

Dave